The Sully Valley is working on soft mobility
A breath of fresh air is always beneficial. This is why we’ve created some pretty cycling loops to complement the ‘Loire by Bike’ cycle routes, so that you can pleasantly combine well-being, nature and some stunning landscapes!
Thanks to these cycling itineraries, you can discover many a charming village, over the Sully Valley’s calm roads and pathways, as you explore and admire its cultural, historic and natural heritage, whilst indulging in the many services you encounter along your way (restaurants, accommodation, leisure activities and tourist attractions).
Loops to suit every cyclist !
Whether you are cycling alone, as a couple, a group, a family or with friends… you are sure to appreciate at least one of our cycling routes, ranging from 11.5 to 26km, over an invigorating outdoor experience for all to enjoy.
All loops will ultimately be fully marked out and a printed edition of the cycle touring map, covering all loops and links from village to village, will be published.
Did you say practical ?
Meanwhile, you’ll find printed sheets for each itinerary in the three Sully Valley Tourist Offices. You can also download them here.
– Cerdon: ‘Land of lakes and châteaux: quintessentially authentic Sologne’ – 26 km
– Guilly: ‘The Guilly route, from Loire to Sologne’ – 12 km
– Isdes: ‘In the land of Isdes, a concentration of Sologne’ – 25 km
– Neuvy-en-Sullias : ‘In quest of the Neuvy treasure, from Loire to Sologne’ – 14 km
– Sully-sur-Loire: ‘A cycle through the Sully countryside in quest of Sologne’s authenticity’ – 19 km
– Viglain: ‘A stroll through the Viglain countryside, in the footsteps of Gabriel de Jaucourt in Sologne’ – 11,5 km
You simply can’t get lost
Here, everything is noted on your printed route, from good cycling conduct to a presentation of each town or village, along with its tourist sites, services on offer, and a few pieces of useful advice.
By the year end, as part of our policy towards sustainable development for eco-responsible tourism, all the cycling loops in the Sully Valley will be available on the IGNRando website.
And we promise to keep you up to date with ongoing preparations for even more routes !